Mathematics is a skill fundamental to daily life but is also crucial to the study of the sciences, technology and a range of other subjects which may form the basis of pupils’ future careers.
We want our children to become confident in the fundamentals of mathematics so that they are efficient in using and selecting the appropriate written and mental methods, underpinned by mathematical concepts.
We want them to solve problems by applying their mathematics to a variety of problems with greater complexity, including in new situations and to model real-life scenarios.
We want them to reason mathematically, by following a line of enquiry and developing and presenting a justification, argument or proof using mathematical language.
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT AND RESOURCES
KEY STAGE 1 AND EYFS
KEY STAGE 2
PRIMARY MATHS ARENA - Variety of games for all ages and skill level
Useful links www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/maths/ – as well as homework support this website offers links to fun games and activities. http://www.teachingtables.co.uk/ – times tables http://www.transum.info/Software/Tablesmaster/Tablesmaster.asp – times tables www.mymaths.co.uk – supportive on line lessons
- Parent Friendly Written Calculation Policy EYFS-Year 6
- EYFS & KS1 - Helping your child at home
- Useful Maths websites for parents
- Primary National Curriculum - Mathematics 22.07.14
- Reception Mastery Term by Term Overview - 2018-19
- Year-1 Mathematics Term by Term Overview - 2018-2019
- Year-2 Mathematics Term by Term Overview - 2018-2019
- Year-3 Mathematics Term by Term Overview - 2018-2019
- Year-4 Mathematics Term by Term Overview - 2018-19
- Year-5 Mathematics Term by Term Overview - 2018-2019
- Year-6 Mathematics Term by Term Overview - 2018-2019
- Maths Policy 2018