Year 2 Curriculum websites and links
Year Two Home Learning.
Below are some website links and activities which can be used to complete learning at home. In order to communicate any new home learning the year two team will use your child’s MyMaths account to set tasks.
If you require your child’s login or any assistance please email:
Emails will be monitored throughout the working day 8am-4:30pm.
Thank you for your support.
- https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com free on desktop (cost to download on iPads)
- https://kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/category/year-2 (joining is free and there are a variety of activities for all subjects)
- https://www.abcya.com/grades/2 maths and literacy games (can be used on ipads or computers)
- You could research another nocturnal animal and write a fact file or report like we have been doing in class.
Please remember it is important to continue supporting your child with reading at home on a daily basis.
- https://mathsphere.co.uk/resources/MathSphereSampleWorksheets.htm printable maths worksheets, free resources, games.
- https://coolsciencelab.com/math_magician_addition.html mental maths (beat the clock)
We have sent home Numicon work books with the children that were here on the last day of school before the closure. If your child was not here to receive them, you may be given the opportunity to collect them on Tuesday 24th March 2020 between 9.30am and 10.30am.
- You could make a fact file on The Great Fire of London.
- You could create art work inspired by the fire. Maybe you could use your weaving skills for this.
- Research an artist and create a piece of art inspired by them e.g. Mondrain, Picasso, Kandinsky
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z3g4d2p bitesize offers a range of educational videos and activities for a range of topics.
- Hour of code is a great website for the children to explore coding and they have really enjoyed using it in our computing sessions. https://hourofcode.com/uk