"Where love and learning meet."
Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
It is the responsibility of every member of staff in the Academy to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. Safeguarding covers recruitment of staff, visitors to the Academy, the Academy site and the safety of all pupils and staff. Our safeguarding team is led by Ms Kim Morley who can be contacted on 01424 424530 ext. 4 or email on email@example.com.
We follow statutory guidance set out in ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2022). This document contains information on what schools and colleges should do and sets out the legal duties with which schools and colleges must comply in order to keep children safe.
For more information please see the East Sussex Local Safeguarding Children Board’s website.
St. Paul’s C or E Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and requires all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment.
If you are concerned about the conduct of a member of staff or volunteer in our school, you must contact the Headteachers, Miss Kiniari and Mr Glenn or the Chair of Governors, Tony Davies.
To safeguard children and young people we do the following:
· Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) checks are carried out on everyone regularly working in the school
· The DBS status of every adult working with our students (e.g. sports coaches and music teachers) is checked
· No adult without a DBS check will be left unsupervised with pupils at St Leonards CEP Academy
· Contractors and other services working on site are required to meet safeguarding requirements
· All school staff are given safeguarding training annually and are conversant with the DfE guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’
· Allegations will be dealt with quickly, fairly and with transparency
· Safeguarding procedures will be communicated to all staff, parents and visitors